The Phoenix Children’s Chorus (PCC) is an educational program. Each activity of PCC is meant to help bring the organization closer to fulfilling its mission. In keeping with the PCC Mission Statement, the rational for Concert Tours is as follows:
Tour choirs (Cadenza, Bravo and Encore) will perform for other than local audiences. These performances are designed to expose audiences in Arizona, other US states, and other countries to outstanding examples of music education and to new or little known literature that will raise the audience and performers level of aesthetic awareness.
- Tour Choirs will attend performances given by outstanding state, out-of-state, or international arts organizations. These experiences will be designed to expose the membership to performances not necessarily available in Phoenix.
- Tour Choirs will be exposed to in-state, out-of-state, or international destinations. These experiences will be designed to broaden the cultural understanding of the membership.
- Tour Choirs will have the opportunity to interact with highly respected musicians and conductors through workshops, clinics or exchanges. These experiences will be designed to enhance the musical education of the membership.
- Tour Choirs will learn and demonstrate the cooperative skills required to successfully prepare for and execute a domestic or international concert tour with a group. This includes, but is not limited to, raising funds, preparing music, defining and demonstrating mature and responsible behavior, organizing and executing difficult performance logistics, and following instructions and guidelines.
- The parents of PCC Tour Choirs will have the opportunity to become actively involved in a valuable educational project benefiting their child.
- Tour Choirs will serve as a demonstration to the domestic or international community of excellence in music education occurring in the State of Arizona and the United States.
- Tour Choirs will represent the City of Phoenix, the State of Arizona, and the United States promoting goodwill and cultural understanding.
- Tour Choirs will endeavor to inspire their audiences to raise their level of aesthetic awareness.
Cadenza and Encore
Cadenza and Encore participate in domestic and international concert tours each summer. Tours always include many performances and cultural exchanges with other music organizations as well as attendance at performances. Touring is an important part of our organization because it allows our choristers to expand their knowledge of the world around them in an effort to make them better global citizens through exposure to various cultures, musical experiences, and learning to become great ambassadors.
2021 San Diego Tour including collaboration with San Diego Children’s Choir
2022 Boston Tour and collaborative concerts
Past domestic tours include California, Texas, Washington DC, New York, Vermont, Oregon, Utah and Colorado. Cadenza and Encore have toured internationally to Ireland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Russia, China, Mexico, Canada, Argentina, Uruguay and Australia.
2017 New York City & Carnegie Hall
2018 Sydney, Australia and Sydney Opera House performance
2019 Sing a Mile High Festival in Denver
Bravo tours each spring to a California choral festival.
Canto experiences a one day choral exchange in Flagstaff or Tucson each spring.