The Phoenix Children’s Chorus (PCC) is an educational program. Each activity of PCC is meant to help bring the organization closer to fulfilling its mission. In keeping with the PCC Mission Statement, the rational for Concert Tours is as follows:
Tour choirs (Concert Choir, Bravo and Encore) will perform for other than local audiences. These performances are designed to expose audiences in Arizona, other US states, and other countries to outstanding examples of music education and to new or little known literature that will raise the audience and performers level of aesthetic awareness.
- Tour Choirs will attend performances given by outstanding state, out-of-state, or international arts organizations. These experiences will be designed to expose the membership to performances not necessarily available in Phoenix.
- Tour Choirs will be exposed to in-state, out-of-state, or international destinations. These experiences will be designed to broaden the cultural understanding of the membership.
- Tour Choirs will have the opportunity to interact with highly respected musicians and conductors through workshops, clinics or exchanges. These experiences will be designed to enhance the musical education of the membership.
- Tour Choirs will learn and demonstrate the cooperative skills required to successfully prepare for and execute a domestic or international concert tour with a group. This includes, but is not limited to, raising funds, preparing music, defining and demonstrating mature and responsible behavior, organizing and executing difficult performance logistics, and following instructions and guidelines.
- The parents of PCC Tour Choirs will have the opportunity to become actively involved in a valuable educational project benefiting their child.
- Tour Choirs will serve as a demonstration to the domestic or international community of excellence in music education occurring in the State of Arizona and the United States.
- Tour Choirs will represent the City of Phoenix, the State of Arizona, and the United States promoting goodwill and cultural understanding.
- Tour Choirs will endeavor to inspire their audiences to raise their level of aesthetic awareness.